Friday, July 17, 2009

Snoring...

...b/c my life is so boring....

Okay well it's not that bad. I just feel useless because I'm not working. That will go away in 1 month when school starts again full force. I'm looking forward to it; something to do!

Today I'm going to meet the carpet installers at my house to have measurements done. Hopefully everything will go smoothly and I will be able to order my carpet and laminate flooring this week. Although I hate that the house is in a less than desirable condition post-tenant, it did give me an excuse (and money) to put in laminate. I've always wanted less carpet; it gives my cats less to puke on and stain. I think everything will look nice once it's all done, especially since I have professionals helping (aka Dad and Alister). The yard battle will be undertaken once all of the inside things are finished; I need to dig up a destroyed tree (tear), add a load of dirt, and get some grass planted. Again.

In addition to the house stuff, I have started packing for my move in a week. I'm trying my hardest to get rid of more stuff so that I have less to move. It's hard though; I'm emotionally attached to everything for some reason or another. On the other hand, I hate moving boxes so maybe that will overcome the separation anxiety.

Along with packing Alister and I are going to Atlantic Beach tomorrow to look at potential wedding spots, and then my mom, Alex, and I are driving down again next week to meet with actual planners. I really hope to have things set up before Alister leaves and school starts so I don't have to deal with it. I'm not much of a wedding person but Alister wants one, and being that I love him and want him to be happy, I am foregoing Vegas and giving him one (pat on back).

The joys of being an adult. Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. I'm very proud of your grown-up attitude! LOL! If you're bored, you can come visit me ... then you'd REALLY know what boring is! LOL!! (but NOT next weekend).
    Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.