Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Harry Potter

Like my previous post said, Alister and I went to see "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" last night at midnight. According to reporters, the movie grossed $22.2 million in sales for just last night, beating out every other movie but the 3rd Star Wars. I'm not surprised; the theater last night was full and there were 4 screens open. We went early- around 11pm- and the room we were in was already 3/4 full by then.

As for the movie itself, it was definitely entertaining and funny (more so than most of the others) but I have to admit I was fairly disappointed. I re-read book 6 a week ago and although I understand things need to be cut out for time, I think a bit much was cut out and and random scenes were added that were never in the book. Being the Harry Potter nerd (and book nerd)that I am, it made the movie a bit more frustrating for me than for others. I would go into all the differences (which Alister and I talked about last night...b/c I'm a nerd and he's nice enough to listen to me) but most people that read this don't read the books, so it doesn't matter! I do recommend the movie though; pretty scenery, lots of humor, and plenty of snogging. Just ignore the fact that the actress playing Ginny Weasely is horrible.

2 comments:

  1. Hm. That doesn't make me feel too excited about going to see it anymore! If YOU weren't all that impressed, then I definitely won't be :\

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's much more enjoyable if you don't read the book right before...then you have no idea what was left out or changed. It is really funny though; they go overboard on teenage hormones and snogging. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.