Monday, June 8, 2009

The Weekend

I went home to Raleigh for the weekend and had an enjoyable time with family. My Grandma Tripp's memorial service was Saturday morning followed by a surprise party for my cousin Vern. It was a nice service and an enjoyable party so no complaints! There was a lot of good food served and a lot of visiting that hadn't been done in a while. Sunday started off with Eggs Benedict and Mimosa's followed by more visiting. It was nice to see all of the family despite the circumstances!

After everyone left (except for Edwin) Sunday afternoon I finished up my horrible paper on stem cell research and nursing (no connection...seriously) and sent some time visiting. Edwin's very frustrating to watch movies with although it was nice to finally visit with him (b/c I always loved spending time with him growing up).

Today Mom, Alex, and I drove to Winston Salem to visit Grandma, Grandpa, Pat, and Joyce. It was a nice visit but I wish Grandma were doing better. We had an a yummy lunch at Red Lobster and my parmesan crusted Tilapia was excellent. I returned to Greenville this evening and am back to hardcore schoolwork through June 24. Hopefully that goes quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.