Sunday, February 22, 2009

Slowly closing in on the end of a decade...or two or three...

Tomorrow I turn 29. As of tomorrow I have exactly 365 days to enjoy something I will never, ever see again. My 20's. For some strange reason, that makes me feel kind of sad, like I'm saying good-bye to an old friend. Or maybe it's because I'm moving closer to having an increased risk for hypertension, diabetes, heart disease, osteoporosis, incontinence, arthritis, hearing loss, cataracts, wrinkles, cancer, stroke, ulcers, Alzheimer's...and God forbid varicose veins (seriously people, go work in a hospital with the elderly for ONE DAY). I guess I'm just going to have to cross my fingers harder and hope that my genes will be what saves me b/c right now it sure won't be my strict exercise regimen.

1 comment:

  1. Try to enjoy your birthday, you eternal optimist! ;)
    Hope you have a great day and an even better year of being 29.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.