Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Hallmark Holiday

Today is Valentine's Day and I have to be honest, I've never been a fan of it. I've always thought that if you love someone you should SHOW and TELL then all the time...not just on one generic Hallmark holiday that someone came up with so that February wouldn't seem like such a boring month (boring? me being born made this month historical!). That being said, I really enjoyed the card and Build-A-Bear dressed like a scrub nurse that Alister sent me...so much better than flowers. Flowers die. Whomever started the tradition of sending flowers should have realized that if you REALLY love them, you don't send them something that shrivels up and dies. Now what does that say about your love there? That it will die in a week no matter how much you nourish and care for it? Exactly.

On a less than happy note Stetson has been acting funky and had a few bouts of vomiting and diarrhea. I'm telling myself he's just neurotic b/c I refuse to spend my Saturday night at the emergency vet. However if he is the same tomorrow, then it looks like I'll be there Sunday. Gotta love pets...and horses are even worse at getting ill so maybe I'll hold off on getting another one of those or a bit longer.

Either way, hope everyone has a good "holiday" and enjoys spending time with their loved one(s).

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mispelled "hysterical"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't agree with you about the flowers .. but that's just me. I don't know why anyone felt the need to leave rude comments.
    Hope Stetson is ok!!!!
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha...the rude comment poster was your beloved brother Pat :-)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.