Sunday, December 7, 2008

Where's the spirit?

I finally brought my Christmas decorations downstairs so I could attempt to put a few up. Unfortunately with everything else going on, I just don't seem to have the drive to really decorate like I usually do. That and I left my 7.5' fake tree at home for my parents to use, and without a tree to play with I'm really struggling with wanting to put anything else out! I did manage to get the nativity scene set up, put a few garlands out, and hang my pets' stockings over the fireplace but that's about as far as I got. I thought that wrapping gifts might help put me more in the mood but after wrapping one gift I promptly pulled out my gift bags and that's what everything else went in to. Oh well. The only thing left to do is write my yearly Christmas letter (an update of the past year) and mail some Christmas cards, but most likely that won't get done tonight either...although hopefully before December 15th.

On a better note, I'm looking forward to this week. It's my last week working in the lab and I am thrilled. Don't get me wrong, I love the people I work with; they helped me survive the past year and a half in Greenville, but killing animals is just not my thing. It's one of the main reasons I decided to go back to school in the first place, and yet I ended up doing it for another year or so. So needless to say, I'm thankful to be done. Also, on Friday I fly to New Mexico to help Alister drive back to North Carolina for the holidays. I'm really excited to get to see him, and for an entire month, but the thought of having to be in the car for 25+ hours is not appealing to me at all (especially after the recent accident). Love makes you do all sorts of things you wouldn't otherwise consider.

I am looking forward to the holidays, even if they're a bit cheaper this year than in the past (money is tight but that shouldn't affect things overall). It will be nice to not have to worry about work and get to spend as much time as possible with family, friends, and Alister. I'll be doing a lot more baking for Christmas gifts but thanks to Nicole I have a killer recipe for pumpkin-cranberry bread, so that makes things a bit easier. Now if I could only get up the urge to decorate some more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.