Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Small anniversary

Today is Alister and I’s 7-month anniversary. Yes, I know…7 months, big deal. But for me, it is. For those of you who don’t know me well, I am a proven failure at long distance relationships. I have attempted two in the past; one in Colorado (of course) and another in California. Neither one managed to make it more than 3 months, and neither one went even remotely smoothly, so that being said 7 months is a huge success for me. The relationship has NOT been easy and there have been many times when one or both of us wanted to throw in the towel. How we’ve made it even this long, I’m not sure, but I’m going to guess it’s a combination of love, stubbornness, and blind determination to survive it all. Despite the difficulties, I think it has been worth it, and hopefully we survive many more months to come (although I’m not going to say years because Alister is going to have to come back to NC sooner or later…we all have our limits and mine stops with years).

Aside from that, nothing else spectacular is happening today. I have 2 more days left of work and like I’ve said before I am THRILLED. I received my booklist for next semester last night and will go ahead and say that I am FAR from thrilled at the 17 books we’re required to get with a price tag of over $1000. Textbook prices are absurd.

1 comment:

  1. Alice these past several months although stressful at times really have been an enjoyable time in my life. NO not because of the distance at all, but because of the love and bond that has formed between us. I can call you more than my girlfriend, I call you my best friend and I know that it will only be better as we become closer over our many many years together. Because darnit I am in this for the long haul; as in forever and always!
    PS I love to blog

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.