Sunday, December 28, 2008

My Personal Year in Review

I came across this idea on First 30 Days via The Frisky and thought it would be something neat to put on my blog (and really, I've already run out of things to write about right now). It lists 10 questions to consider about the past year and some that include the future...but for anyone reading this please keep in mind that I have horrible memory so my answers might not be as deep and meaningful as expected.

-What was the best thing that happened to me this year? I started dating my boyfriend Alister and proved to myself that although long distance relationships are miserable to be in that I'm fully capable of surviving one (although not without sacrifice, frustration, and hardship)
-What did I do this year that I’m really proud of? I finally got accepted to nursing school; I was starting to think I'd be wasting my time as a professional student for life
-Who did I really help? I guess I could say my former boss...since no one else was going to do her animal work for her; and I'd like to think I've helped random people with little things along the way (trying to balance out all this bad karma)
-Who do I need to thank and acknowledge for having been there for me? Always my parents- without them I would have ended up in bankruptcy (and for so any other reasons); my former boss for giving me a job when I really needed one; my old boss at Duke for always giving me suggestions and support when I need a semi-neutral point of view; I'm sure there are tons of others but as many know my memory never serves me quite well enough...
-What are the top three lessons I learned? 1. School is expensive and I should have made the effort to kick-ass the first time through; 2. Good friends are always there for you...even if you don't see them for months, years, or decades at a time; 3. The bank should not have given my poor butt a mortgage
-What increased my happiness and joy this year? Knowing I'm fairly intelligent and proving that to myself in school; falling for my difficult yet well-meaning boyfriend; my pets all staying healthy; getting into nursing school; most time spent with family and friends
-What’s something I got through that was really tough? My life seems to be one big pile of toughness...but I'll go with those 2 months of unemployment; for someone who hasn't been unemployed since I was 19 years old, it's a hard thing to handle
-What did I avoid that I must pay more attention to in 2009? I don't tend to avoid much; I like to get things out there and fixed or I suffer miserably in the meantime
-What character trait did I develop most this year? Determination- I'm thinking that combined with stubbornness are the only things that got me through
-What new people did I meet that are now in my life? My boyfriend; everyone else has pretty much been there, even if I haven't see them for years!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.