Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Catching Up

Now that it's been a few days, I guess it's time to catch up on my writing. I flew out to Albuquerque last Friday and Saturday morning Alister and I began our incredibly long drive back to North Carolina. Because I'm not a fan of driving at night, I drove from New Mexico until right outside Little Rock, and then Alister took over and drove us straight on through until Winston Salem. At that point I felt bad that he had driven all night so I did the last little bit into Raleigh. That's right; with the exception of gas and bathroom stops, we drove straight though. Wow, do I hate driving! We arrived early afternoon Sunday and I promptly slept for a good part of the day since my sleep totalled about 4 hours over the course of 2 days. I know, I know- it's always safest to drive cross country with no sleep; definitely the best idea (sarcasm in case anyone missed it). However, I was glad we did drive straight through; stopping at hotels every night makes the trip seem way too long.


Monday evening, several PetHell ex-employees (Kenny, Jake, Alex, Heather, and me) and guests (Wil, Kris, and Alister) got together at Kenny and Will's house for hors 'douvres and sangria. It was great to see everyone again and I can't complain- the food was amazing (thanks to Kenny's mad cooking skills) and I love some Mario Party on the Wii.

Today was mostly spent writing and mailing Christmas cards, and driving all over town looking at cars. I have to be honest; I am not a fan of looking for cars, mainly because they're pretty much doomed to be wrecked or lemons. I'm grateful Alister is here to help me because otherwise I might be sitting in my ass in the midst of an anti-car buying tantrum.

Tonight Alister and I and the 2 dogs are heading back to Greenville for a week. I'm missing my cats and although my friend takes great care of them I'm sure they'd like some love and attention for a bit. I think it will be nice to just relax at home for a bit; every time Alister and I get together we always seem to be doing something- now we can see how we do without constant activities!

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.